Supervisory and Management Skills Course Online
Participants in the supervisory and management skills course will improve their skills in leadership,management and supervision of staff. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff and on job sites.
The course includes 11 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.
The online supervisory and management skills course is eligible for 2 CCA Gold Seal education credits upon successful completion and 8 BC Housing CPD credits.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for construction owners, managers, estimators and supervisors.
What does the supervisory and management skills course cover?
The online supervisory and management skills course includes training on:
- Understand the differences between leadership, management and supervision
- Identify different leadership styles and approaches
- Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
- Be familiar with various motivational theories Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
- Understand how to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
- Effectively manage time
- Understand stress and how to manage it at work
- Have knowledge of substance abuse, recognition and prevention
- Conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
- Apply various negotiating skills
- Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontation
- Use collaborative decision making skills
- Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
Download the course details (PDF) or view all of our online construction courses