Online Construction Business Management Course
Participants in the construction business management course will learn how to improve the management and business systems of their construction company.
The course includes 10 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.
The online construction business management course is eligible for 2 CCA Gold Seal education credits upon successful completion and 8 BC Housing CPD credits.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for Construction Owners, Managers, Estimators,Supervisors and Staff.
What does the construction business management course cover?
The construction business management course includes training on:
- Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
- Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
- Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
- Understand the benefits of a participatory management culture
- Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
- Develop a human resource management plan
- Understand the employment cycle/process
- Develop an employee performance evaluation system
- Increase staff morale and engagement
- Understand operational planning for construction companies
- Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
- Understand the importance of financial internal controls
- Develop benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
- Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk